Job Opening: Mississippi KIDS COUNT CoordinatorMarch 29, 2021
The Children’s Foundation of Mississippi (CFM), an independent operating foundation, is focused upon improved outcomes on behalf of Mississippi’s children and families through systems and policy work.
We are seeking a part-time position (.60 FTE) to serve as the Mississippi KIDS COUNT Coordinator which will include Education Outreach. This coordinator will be responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating the KIDS COUNT work in Mississippi while expanding the CFM’s reach on the county level.
The responsibilities of this position are to:
- Coordinate the production of data products (in concert with the data team and executive director) on child well-being on the health, safety, education, and economic well-being of Mississippi’s children and youth;
- Organize the launch of state-level, and national KIDS COUNT data products and new research findings;
- Present Mississippi KIDS COUNT data at state and local in-person and virtual events;
- Expand the reach of the CFM through the establishment of county-level education councils in concert with the CFM development director;
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of children’s issues, programs, and policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, particularly in communicating data information to various technical and lay audiences such as policymakers, media, and the public.
- Understand and be able to communicate basic research methods and findings
- Computer skills, including the ability to create charts and graphics to present data (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience in planning and implementing information-sharing events (conferences, workshops, etc.).
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy, Education, Research, Communication, Journalism, or related field required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years professional experience in one of the following fields: evaluation, public policy analysis and/or project management is required.
This is a part-time (.60 FTE) position. Please send all inquiries to email@example.com. Applications review will begin on April 15, 2021.
The Children’s Foundation of Mississippi prohibits discrimination against and harassment of any employee or any applicant for employment because of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law, in any of its activities or operation.